Sunday, December 14, 2008

feeling low tonight

I don't know why but I'm feeling low tonight. Aside from staring at my log today, I actually got to rescue an animal. So, it should have been a great day! But I looked in his big (boxer) eyes and all of a sudden I was him... or he was me. If you've ever read, "The Art of Racing in the Rain" you'll understand. He wasn't just a dog anymore. He was more like me -- human! With real feelings, emotions and organized thoughts.  And I felt as though he could somehow get inside my head. Then I was just sad, because I don't even have people in my life that do that. People that get inside your head and finish you sentences. People that can't wait to hear what you're gonna say next.  The kind that jump at a chance to be clever, and prove their loyalty to you. Then I was even more sad because-  as sad as I was, I had someone to go home to. Even if it was a log. And that was more than he had. 

1 comment: